By Tessa Smith McGovern
● ISBN 9781402293405
● Hardcover/ $11.99
I have an interesting book to share with you that I normally don't read but the title grabbed me and I was intrigued to know what book lovers drank while they read books, so I reviewed it and it actually has some interesting drinks in there for those of you who like to mix drinks when having a party at your home and this book will provide you with some really good ideas. It's called Cocktails for Book Lovers written by Tessa Smith McGovern.
The perfect pairing for anyone with a literary thirst!
From Jane Austen's little-known fondness for wine to Hemingway's beloved mojitos, literature and libations go hand in hand. Cocktails for Book Lovers blends these in a delectable book that will delight both readers and cocktail enthusiasts alike.
This irresistible collection features 50 original and classic cocktail recipes based on works of famous authors and popular drinks of their eras, including Orange Champagne Punch, Salted Caramel and Bourbon Milkshakes, and even Zombie Cola. So dip in, pick your favorite author or book, and take a sip—or start at the beginning and work your way through. Cheers!
Cocktails inspired by your favorite authors:
• Charlotte BronteHere is a hint of some of the recipes that you will find in this very interesting take on making cocktails whether for yourself or for friends you have invited over for a dinner party or any kind of party!
• Dani Shapiro
• Dorothy Parker
• Ernest Hemingway
• F. Scott Fitzgerald
• Flannery O'Connor
• Jhumpa Lahiri
• Junot Diaz
• Virginia Woolf
• Wally Lamb
• And 40 more!
There are plenty of other recipes in this amazing little book that should help you out in any kind of situation. I know I wouldn't know how to make any of these drinks myself so this book will come in handy when and if I ever needed to put on a grand party with some new and exciting drinks to go along with either a dinner or just some desserts!
● “Heathcliff’s Crush” and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
● “The Yellow Tonic” and The Yellow Wall-Paper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman The wrong wallpaper can make anyone crazy. Keep book-club night and your living room Feng-shui by relegating the sunshine yellow to this simple and delicious blend of lemon vodka, orange juice, and lemon sherbet.
● “Papi’s Rum Punch” and This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Díaz Papi and Miguel enjoy Bermúdez rum, and now it’s your turn. This refreshing summer cocktail combines light and aged rum, orange, mango, and pineapple juice.
● “Beer Margarita” and The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick Kick off your ball-room dancing shoes and enjoy this entertaining contemporary novel which was the basis for an Oscar winning film… and an unbeatable beer margarita combo.
● “Frankenstein’s Berry Punch” and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley One of Victor Frankenstien’s more successful experiments: Pimm’s No. 1, and lemon/lime soda over ice cubes into a tall glass with fruit and mint.
About the Author:
Tessa Smith-McGovern is an award-winning writer, and founder, host, and executive producer of BookGirlTV, a popular online video series for book clubs. She teaches Writing for Digital Media at Sarah Lawrence College in New York.
Purchase your copy on Amazon.
Disclaimer: Mary Bearden personally reviewed these products. I did not receive any monetary compensation for my review, just a sample product. All opinions are mine and belong to me solely. My thoughts and opinions may differ from you.