So, I had a good laugh with myself about thinking things that I did not know and making assumptions when mostly they are proven wrong as in this case. The Oransi Ionic Air Pruifier is actually pretty small and just a little bit bigger than your hands.
I was really stunned at how light it felt also. I couldn't have been more wrong about a product and won't make that mistake every again assuming something that is not true!
1. Save money for starters: there are no replacement filters and nothing to clean. The air purifier uses 2 AA batteries that require replacement approximately every 45-90 days. Built-in micro processor controls the operation of the air purifier so it will cycle on and off to save battery life.
2. Silent: no fans.
4. Effective in the removal of odors and bacteria to keep your refrigerator smelling fresh and your food fresher.
5. Conveniently fits anywhere in your refrigerator.
6. Attractive neutral color and cool contemporary design.
7. Easy operating instructions: Turn it on Freshen your refrigerator
8. Patented Piezo-electric technology: allows for a high negative ion output to freshen your refrigerator without the harmful side effects of ozone that is found in standard ionizers.
9. Safety: The Ionic Fridge air purifier has received safety certifications from GS and CE as well as the RoHS lead free directive. Made of durable fire-resistant ABS materials. Tested for ozone production by ITI (Industrial Research Technology Institute) and found to be 0.011 ppm which is 78% below FDA limits.
10. Operating costs: Ionic Fridge purifier average battery costs: $1/month.
•Patented Piezo-electric ionizer (ozone safe - 0.011 ppm, that’s more than 78% below the FDA limit)
•Micro CPU controls the operation of the air purifier to cycle between on/off mode
•LED display indicates mode of operation
•Noise Level: Silent
•Dimensions: 4” x 2.8” x 2.5”
•Weight: 0.2 lbs
•Power: 0.1 watts, 2 AA batteries (45-90 day life)
•Warranty: 1 year
•Certifications: CE, GS, RoHS
It is actually very easy to operate. I just took the bottom part off where the two AA batteries go and inserted them (they do not come with the purifier) and put the bottom piece back on and hit the small little button in the front and it turns it on.
A yellowish light will come on and will stay on the first 30 minutes and then after that the purifier will come on once every 2 hours and stay on for 5 minutes to purify and deodorize your fridge. (or that is where I put mine.
They can go in shoe cabinets or closets with lots of clothes or other objects you would like to keep fresh). It should last for about 60 days and then you change the batteries again.
I found this in the About Us:
Oransi began as an engineer's quest to find better indoor air quality for his asthmatic son.
Here is Peter's story:
When my son was an infant he suffered from asthma and the medications he was prescribed were just awful. They helped with his asthma but the process of strapping on the nebulizer mask was not fun for any of us and the steroids had side effects such as causing him to be miserable, angry, very active and damaged his teeth.
Really, how many two year olds visit the dentist for a cavity? We removed the carpeting from his room and tried to keep it really clean but that only helped slightly. Ionic air purifiers were being marketed at that time but I didn't see them as a viable solution.
During this time, I worked my way up to senior manager/director positions at two Fortune 100 companies (Tech Data and Dell) in marketing and operations. I left Dell in 2002 to start an air purifier brand and sold the company in 2009 and it is still successful. As a Northerner (from Syracuse) who now lives in the South (Austin, TX)
I have developed allergies and between my son's asthma and my new appreciation for allergy sufferers, I'm interested in non-invasive solutions or at least something that can minimize the need for drugs. Oransi was started in 2009 and our initial products have focused on high quality but also affordability especially as it relates to filter replacement costs.
Our business is set up differently than most in that our customer service team is made up of stay at home moms in the Austin area. We encourage our employees to work from home since it benefits them and you, so if you hear a pet in the background know that they will be attended to as soon as you are taken care of.
Oransi is a variation of Oransi, a Finnish word that means orange, a tribute to my hometown and heritage. We are a veteran owned business.Connect with Oransi several ways:
1600 Barton Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78704
Phone: (888) 281-3948
Oransi has been kind enough to offer one reader her very own Air Purifier to try in their home. Thanks so much! Open to the U.S. only. Good Luck Everyone!