I have a new company to tell you about called Diet Doc and they make pre-package meals like soup mixes that you add your own veggies and meats to and the ones that I chose to review were the ones listed below:
2.) Steak Soup Mix
3.) Chicken GumboI have to admit, I am not sure how this Diet works, but I was so afraid that the food would taste awful but it actually was quite good. You are mostly supplying the food that goes with the seasoning and they do give you some pointers on what not to put in the soup which is mainly carrots, potatoes and corn.
Do you know why? I didn't even have to look that one up, already knew that all (3) of those items act like sugar once it hits the body and gets metabolized. And that causes weight gain!
1) An hCG diet forces fat into the blood stream and out of the body. Urine is tested daily to determine the rate fat is being burned.
2) Fats which normally don’t burn even after vigorous physical activity now burn off.
3) No energy loss is experienced, since the deficit is covered by the subsequent energy release from the fat burn off.The above describes the basics of an hCG diet plan. The following describes how our hCG Diet Plan works:
1) First our doctors review your health history, lifestyle, age, and gender to create a personalized diet for each person.
2) Our trained nurses go over your details and help you implement the personalized diet.
3) You receive medication by 2 day priority mail from a USA licensed pharmacy.I have to admit that there is alot of technical information on their site and I have tried to read it but I get a little lost in there so that is why I copied a few things here and there so that I don't mess up the translation and make a claim that isn't true. Lord, I would hate to do that!
We tried the Chili first since it was simple and we love Chili and thought if it messes up the Chili, I don't know if I want to try the other two, but it actually came out pretty darn good! I was very surprised when I tasted the chili. Here is what it looked like when it was all done and ready to eat:
So, with the Chili out of the way, we moved on to Steak Soup and again, we were very surprised and how easy it really was to make these packages of seasonings into great tasting meals. In addition to the soup mixes, they also have shakes and bars. I have found I don't do well on shakes so I tend to stay away from them. But wouldn't mind trying the bars.
MCTs represent an exciting new frontier in health and nutrition promising a true "fatless fat." MCT benefits include:
- Fast energy - Converts to energy much faster than regular oils
- Less fat storage - Little gets stored in fat cells
- Helps stabilize brain waves
- Metabolized without bile - Gives gallbladder a rest
- Maintains LDL levels
- Lower caloric content (8.7 calories per gram)
- May increase HDL levels
- Improves absorption of Vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium
You guys will probably have alot better success with this diet than I did or will because I can't eat too many solid foods as it messes with my stomach and bowels so I have to eat tiny meals throughout the day because of all the meds I am on, I don't want to get sick and you know what, so I try to eat enough that it settles the stomach. Many times more than not, I have to eat the reduced fat peanut butter crackers as for whatever reason, they will settle me down more than anything.
Now, hubby has been chugging away at the soups and seems to really enjoy them so I let him take over. This isn't the first diet I have tried and it didn't work either because their premise was the vitamins and minerals which meant all of their food was very high in potassium and that is what sets my bladder off into spasms so I ended up sending back what I could and giving the rest away. So, it's not the programs, it is me, who either can't tolerate the potassium or my belly rebels on me. I can't seem to win for nothing.
But if this really works for Mike, it would be awesome! He has begun to get that pot belly look and I can't stand that! He used to be fit as a fiddle (but then again, so was I) and when he took that job riding around in a truck and then eating out every single day for lunch with the guys, he has slowly started to crank up. I told him it might be the reason your back hurts so bad, too! But he doesn't listen to me at all!
The camera died again so I didn't get any pictures of the Chicken Gumbo or the Steak Soup but it is pretty self explanatory and I would imagine all of us know what they should look like. Mike liked the Steak Soup the best, even though Chili is close behind. He has always been a steak and potato guy and it looks like nothing is gonna change that anytime soon!
They also have an oil that they recommend to use in place of the oil that you have at home:
Diet Doc Weight Loss Cooking/Salad Dressing (MCT) Oil –
The Diet Doc Weight Loss Oil is used to replace other types of oil dieters have. The Diet Doc Weight Loss Oil is used to make salad dressing, stir-fry/cooking or to simply put in your morning shake to accelerate the fat burning process.
Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs): Extracted from coconut oil, MCTs have been shown to play an important functional role in the body. Very little MCT gets converted into body fat because MCTs are rapidly burned for energy. Studies indicate that MCTs will not increase serum cholesterol levels.Whether you need to lose just 10 pounds or a 100, this diet will help you with that. I just wish I could have stayed on it myself but with the RA inflammation levels rising and the thyroid going bonkers again, then add Fibromyaglia into the mix, and I just don't have the energy some days and need to pop a piece of chocolate or take 3 or 4 good swallows of Dr. Pepper to settle my stomach and I know that weight won't be budging any time soon.
I would love to hear back from anyone who has been able to stay on this diet and let me know what you experienced because I would like to try again once the Fibromyalgia goes away, I am able to get quite alot done. I would love to try it when I am feeling better because the chili really was one of the best we have eaten in a while.
The kind folks at Diet Doc will be giving the winner their own set of pre-packaged seasonings to choose from to help make your food taste better and get eliminated better. Open to the U.S. only.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.